Thursday 10 December 2015

Looooong time

I have a reminder set up to tell me when I haven't blogged for a while, and apparently it has been 45 years and 50 weeks since I last posted. I'm somewhat sceptical.

Life has been very busy over the last few months, and is finally settling down a bit now, just in time for Christmas/summer holiday madness. Since July we have:
  • bought a house
  • been pregnant
  • had a miscarriage
  • moved house
  • had 2 months of no phone or internet
  • got the boys settled into their new preschool and playcentre
  • organised a bunch of renovations
(When I write it in a list like that it doesn't look like all that much, but I guess some/most of those are biggies.) With any luck we shouldn't need to do anything else major any time soon.

As part of the moving process, I managed to break my sewing machine.  It was on my sewing desk, we moved the desk, and the cord caught on something and snapped the bracket that mounted the motor.  Thanks to my brother-in-law I now have a new bracket, but it triggered the purchase of a backup machine.  I got the better of the two Brother machines that the local Warehouse had, and it has been going very nicely so far.  There are definitely a few things that I didn't realise were features until I didn't have them (variable foot pressure, for one!), but for how much the new machine cost I'm not going to complain - and it is nice having some stretch stitches to play with too.

I have got a craft room set up now, and have made a board that is now covered in knitted swatches, it's nice being able to look at them for ideas!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Welcome back. Big year. I sure hope you all get a relaxing, uneventful holiday season. Maybe even Father-Boys time outside when Mother can spend time in the craft room?

Rachelle said...

That was a very big year! All those things qualify as big by themselves, together, huge! Lets hope this coming year is easier for you, and I'm sorry for your loss, I had no idea. If you need a hug next time we meet at guild let me know.